The latest issue of your favorite men’s lifestyle magazine have hit the newsstands – featuring rising star Logan Miller as our cover boy.
A message from our Publisher/ Editor-in-Chief Ronald Liem
The publishing world has taken quite a hit over the past couple of years. Many titles have ceased to exist or have migrated to online platforms.
While change is inevitable, a thought stirred in my mind: What is it that makes print great? This brought me back to why I launched DAMAN in the first place.
For one, I wanted to give readers in-depth and thoughtfully crafted stories about one of my passions: fashion. This would then extend to cover lifestyle in a more general sense. Finally, I sought to inspire through celebrities and other public figures that are, well, inspiring.
Perhaps that is exactly why print matters … and why it will go on.
It’s not about the amount of stories we run. It has always been about quality, along with the values that we uphold through the printed word. Take the story of Logan Miller, our current cover star. His passion for creating—in any kind or form—gives him the ability to explore ever deeper into the human mind. There’s also Alex Landi, who broke new in an established medium, by playing a gay, male and Asian character in the long-running “Grey’s Anatomy.” Italian-born Alberto Frezza, meanwhile, uses his platform to spread awareness about the animals we share this planet with, while our very own Oka Antara wants to spread his thoughts on how to make Indonesia’s movie industry great.
Speaking of greater things, I can also assure you that these values we hold dear in print will carry over to our digital platforms, whether it’s on social media or our trusty website. That being said, we also have some big plans in the pipeline for our upcoming print issues. Something big is coming. And until we reveal to you what it is exactly, I’ll leave the rest to your imagination.
Until then, I invite you to join us in another exciting year with DAMAN in 2019.
What’s Inside the February/March 2019 Issue
- ESCAPING ARTIST – American actor Logan Miller talks about his latest movie “Escape Room,” his upcoming projects along with some bits and pieces from his personal side. Photography Mitchell Nguyen McCormack
- THE ITALIAN JOB – Hollywood rising star Alberto Frezza talks about his character in “Station 19” and shares some insight into his life as a professional actor with DAMAN. Photography Mitchell Nguyen McCormack
- BREAKING NEW GROUND – Alex Landi talks about being part of hit series “Grey’s Anatomy” and playing the show’s first gay male surgeon of Asian descent. Photography Mitchell Nguyen McCormack
- LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION – Oka Antara chats with DAMAN about “Foxtrot Six” and how he hopes it’ll change the course of Indonesian filmmaking. Photography Andre Wiredja
- STREET FIGHTER – Award-winning singer/songwriter Afgansyah “Afgan” Reza, clad in standout streetwear looks from Louis Vuitton’s spring/summer ’19 collection, waxes lyrical about the things he’s fighting for. Photography Zaky Akbar
- BEDTIME STORIES – From underwear to loungewear and even workwear, Italian luxury lifestyle brand La Perla has offerings in the finest fabrics that you will never want to take off. Photography Denny Tjan
SHARE THIS ARTICLE