Cufflinks replace the buttons on French cuff shirts, and add a decorative flourish at the same time
However, your choice of cufflinks should enhance your outfit but never steal attention away from other elements, be it a fine mechanical watch or even the shirt itself.
As for options, we have the following:
• Bullet-back closure cufflinks; the most common type, especially for models carrying more intricate designs and motifs
• Whale-back closure cufflinks; similar to but easier to handle than the bullet back, with a much more neutral vibe.
• Stud or button cufflinks; small and lightweight, but also the most secure type, making them perfect for those who need to move around a lot
• Chain-link cufflinks; the most traditional (and original looking) type, with a really understated yet elegant effect.
• Silk-knot cufflinks; which are relatively affordable and much more casual, thus making them suitable for casual events and perfect for daily wear.
This article first appeared in DA MAN Style Fall/Winter 2015. Click here to get a copy of our back issues.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE