Looking good in a puffer vest might seem like a tall order, but it is doable, especially during the colder months of the year (i.e., now)
There’s no single surefire way to rock this cold weather staple, but these basic hints will help:
• Most of the time, you can get away with wearing any other type of outerwear that’s a size too big or too small, but with puffer vests an absolute fit is an absolute must.
• Speaking of sizes, try picking puffer vests that are only lightly filled.
• Even with a light fill and slim cut, a puffer vest will still be rather bulky; so, be careful about picking layering pieces that will go under it.
• That being said, a puffer vest over a suit isn’t as crazy as it might sound. Just pick a vest with a color that matches the suit, and cut back on any other accessories.
• Wear it fully unbuttoned/unzipped, or leave at least the bottom slightly opened.