The latest issue of your favorite men’s lifestyle magazine have hit the newsstands – featuring seasoned TV and movie actor Penn Badgley on the cover.
A message from our Publisher/ Editor-in-Chief Ronald Liem
There’s something rather poetic, I think, about having a December/January issue. There’s the melancholy and excitement about one year coming to a close; there’s the apprehension and enthusiasm for another to start. There are just so many storytelling opportunities. And it certainly helped that we’ve encountered so many amazing events in the months leading to December.
Last November, for example, DAMAN became one of only six regional media outlets to sit face to face with soccer legend, cultural icon and Tudor brand ambassador David Beckham. If anything, it certainly helped us close 2018 with a bang.
Our featured stars, while not exactly melancholic, gave us a wealth of contrasting story points. There’s cover boy Penn Badgley, for one, talked with us about the darker side of our daily online interactions, as it is central to “You,” the TV show he’s currently starring in. Rising star Charles Melton, on the other hand, is now headed to the big screen thanks to a social media post and how his loyal fans kept tagging and mentioning him in it. Once again, we find that juxtaposition of apprehension vs. enthusiasm, how it permeates through all aspects of life and how it feels all the more relevant during this time.
All that being said, I also believe that what’s most important in the changing of the years is all the ways that we can do to ensure a better tomorrow. I won’t give away too much right now, but changes are coming to DAMAN–changes that will ensure a better experience for you as well as ones that will allow us to do our part in creating a cleaner Earth. And I mean that literally.
In the meantime, as we prepare for our end-of-year celebrations and gear up for 2019, we present you with yet another issue full of exclusive interviews, top notch fashion photography and so much more. Happy reading…
- AGAINST ALL ODDS – Penn Badgley sheds some light into one of the most subversive shows on TV right now: the creepily awesome “You” Photography Mitchell Nguyen McCormack.
- Moving Forward – In his second appearance in DAMAN, Logan Shroyer talks about the third season of “This is Us” and his other projects Photography Mitchell Nguyen McCormack.
- A Love Affair With Acting – DAMAN chats with Spencer Treat Clark about superhero universes, his dreams of directing and his latest film projects Photography Mitchell Nguyen McCormack.
- Bringing His A-Game – “Riverdale” star Charles Melton chats with DAMAN about his upcoming movie and the show that put him on the map Photography Mitchell Nguyen McCormack.
- The Greatest Showman – Daniel Mananta chats with DAMAN about his role in “A Man Called Ahok” and what kind of impact he hopes the movie will bringPhotography Thomas Sito.
- Don’t Stop Me Now – Model, actress and writer Carissa Perusset talks with DAMAN about her career and the battles she’s faced throughout Photography Advan Matthew.
- Ahead of the Curve – Your invaluable guide to the most important menswear looks of 2019—and how to get a jump start on everybody else and find the styles that will suit you best Photography Zaky Akbar.
- Frontier Spirit – While the iconic hat might be a bit too much for daily wear, there are quite a few elements from the cowboy aesthetic that we can adopt into our day-to-day wardrobe Photography Oltin Dogaru.
- Luminous Moments – As we edge ever closer to the new year, we take a look back at some of the best pieces from 2018 that can aid us in following the hours and minutes that pass by Photography Denny Tjan.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE