The designer curated ten of his favorite films for us to enjoy
Celine’s creative director Hedi Slimane has curated ten movies to watch during this self-distancing period via the streaming platform Mubi. A little bit about Mubi: Unlike many other platforms that has thousands of titles to pick from, this one focuses on a cross-genre movie library that rotates daily. Mubi offers a rotating collection of 30 titles where each title is selected for its artistic merits and from across genres so subscribers get a little bit of everything.
And now, Slimane has added ten of his favorite films to watch to the platform—and these are free for the first 30 days on the site. So, you have more than enough time to watch every movie on his list. Slimane’s selection ranges from lesser known indies to bona fide cult classics.
Here is the complete list of Slimane’s Mubi list:
- Charade (Stanley Donen, 1963)
- Paris, Texas (Wim Wenders, 1984)
- Laurence Anyways (Xavier Dolan, 2012)
- Le Cercle Rouge (Jean-Pierre Melville, 1970)
- Night Tide (Curtis Harrington, 1961)
- Persona (Ingmar Bergman, 1966)
- Red Desert (Michaelangelo Antonioni, 1964)
- Pierrot Le Fou (Jean-Luc Godard, 1965)
- The 400 Blows (Francois Truffaut, 1959)
- Apocalypse Now (Francis Ford Coppola, 1979)
The curated films will be available to stream until May 31.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE